Things to do in the Western Lake District
From Gosforth the whole of West Cumbria is easily accessible and there are plenty of things to do in the Western Lakes.
• Fantastic hill or low level walking in Wasdale, Eskdale or the Duddon Valley - lots of lakes, valleys and Lakeland fells to explore
• Local attractions in the West Lakes – the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway, Muncaster Castle and Eskdale Mill
• The sea – long, sandy beaches at Seascale and Drigg
• Georgian Whitehaven with its super new Marina development
• Golf courses, horse riding and fishing nearby
• Days out in the Lake District – Windermere, Coniston and Ulswater are only 1 hours drive away
Relax.... do nothing..... sit in the sun in a deck chair.